Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, August 18, 2006

Nancy Banks-Smith - Top TV woman


There are few telly critics I admire and there aren’t any soap critics I enjoy. It’s all "look at me, aren’t I clever?". Well no, you’re not. But there are two telly critics I really love reading and they both write for The Guardian. The first is Nancy Banks-Smith and the other is Grace Dent (who writes the Soap and Lather column each month in The Guide).

3 comments:

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

Oh agreed! Love them both! Grace esp. has me in stitches xx

Anonymous said...

I love NBS too. I hate the sneering that can pass for TV criticism in the posher papers.

Anonymous said...

Nancy is simply unbeatable. The only other TV critic who has ever had me in stitches was Clive James when he wrote in the Observer was TV critic yonks ago.

He once gave the following review in the listings...

"Poldark is an anagram of old Krap". That was it..wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...