Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Just Julie

It’s not usual that I have either the inclination or time to read a book from start to finish in one go but I did it this weekend. It was Julie Goodyear’s autobiography Just Julie, a cracking read. It was hard to tell where Julie’s life ended and Bet Lynch’s began but after 25 years of Julie playing Bet on Corrie, it’s no wonder. Julie doesn't come across as luvvie in the same way that this other fab ex-Corrie actress does but her book is worth reading for loads of Corrie gossip from the old days especially the bit about her upstaging Pat Phoenix, who played Elsie Tanner.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I must admit many a pre-pubescent fantasy was fuelled by Bet Lynch... and many a pre-pubescent nightmare was inspired by Fred Gee.

I always loved Bet's tragi-comedic misunderstandings - like wearing a backless dress the wrong way round, mispronoucing Tenerife... ah those were the days. God bless her.

Anonymous said...

It's entirely down to Bet Lynch that I now prounouce Tenerife as Tenereefie! Raquel Wolstenhume - however unintentionally - was a poor copy wasn't she?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...