Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 25, 2007

Chocolate and Guinness cake

The chocolate and Guinness cake was an unqualified success. Why is it I can bake very well indeed - but can't cook? I'll get around to posting up the recipe soon but it came from the Green & Blacks chocolate recipe book which I highly recommend.

And for fans of The Sound of Music, seeing the London stage show is a must. I've loved the film since I was a little girl when I was bought the original soundtrack on LP and taken to the flicks to see Julie Andrews many, many times, with my grandma. Aoife, the Irish Maria from the telly show, did a sterling job of being Connie Fisher doing Maria, but the Mother Superior wasn't a patch on the one in the film.


5 comments:

KAZ said...

I must be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen that film.
I have it on video - shall I abandon my last claim to uniqueness and watch?
Will I be disappointed?

Glenda Young said...

Kaz - you must see it. Nuns, nazis and singing children. What more could you want?

The Mistress said...

Kaz, why not dress accordingly to watch it?

A dirndl, perhaps?

Flaming Nora can wear a habit and I'll pose as Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.

KAZ said...

I note that you two get the sexy outfits and I get the bloody dirdl.

Were there any Goths in it?

Old Cheeser said...

My favourite line in that film is actually spoken by an extra - one of the servants in Captain Von Trapp's house, handing out food at a party:
"More strudel, herr?"

Classic camp stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...