Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, June 30, 2007

jPod

I’ve recently read and highly enjoyed two Louise Welsh novels set in Glasgow, The Cutting Room and The Bullet Trick. I’ve also just finished reading jPod by Douglas Coupland. It’s not only turned out to be my favourite Douglas Coupland novel (and I’ve read ‘em all) but possibly it’s also the best novel that I’ve read in a long time.

Oooh, what to read next? I’m dying to read the new Tales of the City novel Michael Tolliver Lives, by Armistead Maupin, but I can’t be doing with hardback books. When you read on the tube every day to and from work, you really need the paperback to carry around.

5 comments:

KAZ said...

Think I'll buy that jPod at John Lennon tomorrow afternoon.

Steve said...

Being a rather sad Lego fan I was intrigued by the 1970's Lego figures on the books' cover. I'm guessing that the novel isn't about Lego though...

Glenda Young said...

Steve, no, it's nothing to do with lego but everything to do with society trying to make us "fit". Well, sort of. It's very funny and I highly recommend it.

Old Cheeser said...

I want to read the new Michael Mouse novel too....it's had some good reviews already. Like you though I think I'll wait for the paperback to come out. I love the "Tales of the City" books.

Anonymous said...

jPod is going to be a television series on Canadian TV (CBC).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...