Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Strange Fascination

I've never blogged about work before and I won't do it again after this post either. However, there’s some big ch-ch-changes going on in my working life and when I return from my jollies I’m starting a new job. This means leaving the Bloomsbury part of London I’ve worked in for over five years and there is plenty I’ll miss about the area, not least the following:

1. Walking through Russell Square park on my way to and from work.
2. My yoga class at ULU.
3. The huge Waterstone’s bookshop on Malet Street.
4. Grabbing a great big, decaff Fairtrade coffee on my way to work, from the University of London (ULU) student’s union.
5. Students, academics and university buildings.
6. Watching film crews set up as they use this beautiful area for features and TV. I once saw Batman filmed outside the University of London’s Senate House (pictured), a building made famous by George Orwell in 1984 as The Ministry of Truth.

And so it’s on to pastures new - and I have to admit that I’m very excited about the new job. It's the reason I've had to give up doing this although I can still do this. I'll let you draw your own Corrie conclusions.

8 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

Oh, new beginnings..very exciting for you. Hope all goes well. As for being more excited than a grown-up should be, I personally have decided to leave growing up until I'm too old to do anything else! (Hope that works)

Steve said...

Congratulations! What great news - hope it all goes fantastically! I'm sure you'll kepp us all posted!

Glenda Young said...

Well, nope, I won't :-) I won't be blogging about work ever again. Work is work and blogging is blogging and never the twain shall meet up again.

Steve said...

So the rumours are true. It is MI5!

;-)

Tvor said...

When do you go on your hols? And what part of the city will you be in for the new job?

Glenda Young said...

Hols on Sunday and new job isn't too far from where I am now, still the same tube station but I walk in a different direction when I come out!

mercer said...

Glenda ...
I will miss your updates and of course you editing corrieblog. I once contacted you years ago about including your weekly reviews on a site (mediageek) and you were kind enough to allow it.

I wish you the best of luck!

>> Steve

Old Cheeser said...

Yes, good luck with the new job! So you won´t be so close to me any more...but then again not too far away either. Hope it all goes well and you´re having a fabulous holiday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...