Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A novel idea

I made a vow to myself in the summer to do two things before the end of this year. You can find out what those two things are by clicking here - but only if you'd like to.

The first of the two things has been taking care of itself without any input from me.

The second has been more problematic but also more exciting.

And so, I am as pleased as punch to say that after much thought, scribbling and planning, I have today started writing my very first novel. I have no idea if it will be any good (although I'm writing it as if it will be). All I know is that if I don't get it out of my head and down in print, I'll go a bit mad.

Wordcount so far: 1,444. Only 58,556 to go.

7 comments:

Old Cheeser said...

Good luck! What's the book going to be about, may I ask?

Glenda Young said...

Any distraction is a welcome one at the moment! It's really hard work even though I've got it planned and all I need to do now is have fun and run with it. I'll keep the story under wraps for now, but the idea of it made my boyfriend laugh out loud when I told him. So I know I'm on the right lines...

Steve said...

Go Nora! The important thing is to enjoy it while you write (what will inevitably be) the first draft. Leave all the tweaking and fine tuning for when you reach the end point.

I'm still enjoying mine - 96,000 words so far... about half way through. Gulp!

The Poet Laura-eate said...

Good luck Nora. I discovered I was way too lazy to write a novel and became a poet instead - 'You start at nine and finish at half-past' as a line from Paul Birtill's 'Workshy Writer' goes! However I'm giving stand-up comedy a try in the New Year, hope to learn the guitar and also start a radio play in 2008!

Glenda Young said...

I've finished for today and need to re-group my thoughts and thikn through what I've done. I've written over 4,000 words during the day and have the luxury of time until I go back to work in January. It's daunting but I'm really happy with what I've done so far. Thanks for all your comments. I think the hardest part will come when I have the final draft some time next year and haven't a clue what to do with it.

KAZ said...

Writing a book and in a book! WOW!
Can you send me your autograph please - preferably written on a twenty pound note.

Anonymous said...

Good on you Nora, and I hope reading about what you are doing will get me to kick my own arse into gear.

I am sure it will be great and I can't wait to hear more about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...