Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Sir Nigel of Slater

At Christmas, and indeed throughout the year, I swear on the Book. I hold it in my hands and read its words with hushed reverence. It guides me through difficult times. It inspires and gives me hope.

Yes, I'm talking about Nigel Slater's Real Food. Give the man a knighthood, if only for his ginger cake with clementine frosting which is sitting, already half-eaten, in our fridge now.

Our New Year's Eve feast included the cake along with Nigel's recipe for smoked haddock fishcakes, which were well worth having the kitchen stinking of fish on the first day of the year. The man is a genius and if I knew where he lived, I'd go round and wash his feet.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Have to say that Nigella rules the roost in our house (and indeed the roast). Her chocolate cake recipes are unbeatable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...