Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mark Radcliffe: Thank You For The Days

I've just finished reading Mark Radcliffe's book Thank You For The Days and enjoyed it a lot. With a review on the cover from Bowie which reads: "Steal this book!" how could it not be good? Mind you, I didn't steal it, I paid the nice woman in Waterstones my pounds and my pence.

Radcliffe comes across as a really nice bloke in a book full of chapters with snappy titles such as: The Day I Met Tony Blair's Teeth and The Day I Bought Flowers for Kylie. A good read and I recommend it.

3 comments:

KAZ said...

I don't like him as much as Stuart Maconie - he likes the sound of his own voice just a bit too much.
But I'll give it a try.

Glenda Young said...

Kaz, the book's not as good (I don't think) as Stuart Maconie's Cider with Roadies or Pies and Prejudice) but it's a good read all the same. I don't listen to Mark Radcliffe on the radio but his book is quite good. Maybe try to pick it up on eBay rather than pay full whack in the shops. Or do as Bowie says, and steal it.

Sky Clearbrook said...

I too prefer Maconie, but this one's a good 'un all the same. The Audience with Kylie story was very funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...