Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Life cycle

I was always on my bike as a kid. And never on my own, there was always a gang of us, always on our bikes. Always, every single day no matter what the weather or the time of year.

Or maybe it just feels that way.

What I do remember is being on my bike a lot in the school holidays, in a gang with other kids from our street, riding around the estates, across the fields, freewheeling down hills and standing up on the pedals to get the oomph needed to get up the banks. 

And over the last few weeks, that child-like exhileration, the joy of cycling, has come back into my life. Slowly, tentatively, carefully, and this time wearing a helmet and cycling with gears, I'm getting back into the saddle. And loving it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...