Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fun with funiculars

Being a fan of funiculars, I went quite giddy with excitement when I found out that there was a song about funiculars. Mind you, I've only ever been in the ones at Scarborough but there's something special about a tram that goes up and down a hillside. 

When I win the lottery I'm going to travel the world and ride all the funiculars I can find, both up and down, and tick them all off in a little book.

2 comments:

bbhilda said...

Me too Nora, you have to put Folkestone on your list as they have one. They used to have four, and the council gave up on this one too. It's being kept alive by a few private citizens. Such a shame, the people in charge of the money have no appreciation of our wonderful history.

Tvor said...

There's a funicular on the north Devon coast in Lynmouth to Lynton. And I've also been on one in Italy to get into Orvieto. I suspect Italy has more than a few of them too, what with all the little hilltowns. Oh and Lisbon has one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...