Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Why I'm scared of Christmas

The older I get, the less I like Christmas.  And this time of year is the time I hate most, as far as Christmas goes. Because this time of the year forces me to start thinking about Christmas. What to buy, what to wear, what to eat, what to say, what to do, what to spend, what, what, what, what, what, what, what..

...what I'd really love to do is keep all the money I'll no doubt spend on presents for people who don't really want - and certainly don't need - the things I might buy them. 

... what I'd really love to do is keep the money and spend it on them all instead in January on a big lovely night out or a weekend away or make a donation to their favourite charity.

Christmas is too commercial, too crass and too crap.

This year just might be the first year I run away from it all. 
______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...