Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gadding about

It's been a busy few weeks.

To a talk on Art Deco Sunderland by Michael Johnson as part of Local History Month.  Much was made of the old Regal cinema (which became the Odeon) on Holmeside. It's now a bingo hall but the art deco interior, Michael told us, was one of the best preserved in the country.


Also this week to see The Producers on stage. It was the second time I've seen the show and it was as funny as ever. Shame about all the empty seats in the theatre. Sunderland Empire really need to look again at their pricing of tickets to entice folk in.  I'm no fan of Jason Manford but have to admit he was very good in the lead role here, he can act and sing. 

David Bedella played the role of Roger de Bris but I remember him as being the Best Frank-n-Furter that the Rocky Horror Show has ever had on stage.


To see, for the third time, Matthew Bourne's production of The Car Man. As sizzling hot as ever.

And to an independent venue to see The Rise and Fall of a Northern Star. A one-woman play all about Tracy Star and her adventures in the music business.  Well worth a look.

I love live theatre, can you tell?

And on top of all of that, I submitted the first draft of my new book today.  I'll tell you more about it when I can.
______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...