Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, October 06, 2016

The Bees Knees

I've just found out today that one of my short stories, which I entered into a writing competition some months ago, made the longlist.  I'm over the moon.

Also, I'm mildly annoyed that I had to seek out the website to find out who had made the list and who hadn't. I didn't receive an email to tell me it had been longlisted. When you pay to enter these cpmpetitions (and they're not cheap, some of them), then the least the organisers can do is let you know you've been either successful or not.

Anyway, fortunately I'm organised and keep links and deadlines in a list and checked the Doris Gooderson Short Story Award website today. And there it is, in black and white, on the long list. My story, The Bees Knees.

It's the third short story I've had longlisted this year, one of which came in as Highly Commended too. I just need to crack through to making the shortlist now somewhere.

Find out more about my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...