Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, October 22, 2007

The joy of Stotty

Relatives visiting from up north have brought with them necessities for this Mackem down in London. First off are a few copies of The Sunderland Echo, essential reading, but better than that are a couple of stotty cakes from Greggs the Bakers. Pure delight. I've already got them in my lunchbox and they could just turn out to be the best thing about today.

Just in case you don't know what a stotty cake is, and you'd like to know, you can find out more here.

3 comments:

Steve said...

They sound delicious and to my lasting shame I've never had one. It's now on my list of things to do.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, seems cool.

Joe joestain13@yahoo.com

The Sagittarian said...

Looks like you would certainly know you had one in your lunch box!
I made some Hot Cross Buns once using my mum's recipe, which she must have got from the army cos it made heaps! In the end I got bored and made one huge bun, which eventually became a door stop...but it looked like a stotty cake now that I've seen one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...