Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, November 30, 2007

Dare

Off to see The Human League this weekend in London. They're performing all of their 1981 album Dare which for those of us of an, um, certain age, remains a seminal work. I can type words like seminal but I'd never say them in real life.

A full gig report, as always, will be blogged in due course. In the meantime, remind yourself how bloody good Human League were by having a look at Empire State Human, Sound of the Crowd and then treat yourself to A Crow and a Baby. Ok, I know only one of those is from Dare but still, all cracking stuff.

Gotta go now and find that black eye liner pencil. I think I left it somewhere back in 1981.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I'll be very disappointed if I learn that Mr Oakey has gone and got himself a sensible haircut...

Old Cheeser said...

I agree, "Dare" is a landmark album. I too am of a similar age and remember it well. The assymetric fringes. The ropey singing. The abundance of synths...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...