Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Enjoying Enjoy

To one of the cosy theatres on Shaftesbury Avenue this week for the first of two trips to the theatre. I know! Twice in one week! We'll be getting talked about.

This visit was to see Alan Bennett's play, Enjoy. The Guardian didn't rate it and other reviews were lukewarm but with Alison Steadman in the lead role, I loved it and here's my review, straight from the heart.

I laughed a lot and enjoyed my ice cream. 5 stars.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I love Alison Steadman but don't see a lot of theatre unfortunately. I have to get my Steadman fix via Gavin & Stacey.

Glenda Young said...

I've never seen G&S but it always looks good when I catch previews - is it worth watching?

Clippy Mat said...

you are so lucky to live where you do and have that opportunity. love a.s. and don't think she could do anything bad. g and s we get here but i don't rate it much.
that's my two pennorth
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...