Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Diamonds and pearls


Easter weekend spent up north with the family and out in the car with brother number two, we passed three of my mum's cronies. These women are matriachs, not just in their family but in the village where they've lived all of their lives. He bipped the car horn at the trio, they turned and waved, we waved back.
"Who's them?" I asked bro.
"Dinah, Ruby and Pearl," bro replied.
"I wonder why no-one calls their kids Dinah, Ruby and Pearl any more?" I mused.
"That's 'cos they don't make women like Dinah, Ruby and Pearl any more," he replied.
I could only agree.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Dinah, Ruby and Pearl - sound like characters from Cranford...!

Anonymous said...

I have a Ruby.
She's destined for greatness;)

Glenda Young said...

Hi Trina, yes I realised you had a ruby too after I'd blogged about it!

Anonymous said...

Twas Nora, Ruby , and Ena Sis !!!

Glenda Young said...

Yeah, I know bro, but I like to change things on the blog. Haven't you noticed already? haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...