Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jesus biscuits

A woman came to the door the other day with a food hamper in her hand. She told me it was mine and she smiled as she handed it to me. Confused, I waited for her to tell me where I'd won it, and why, but she didn't, she just smiled as I looked from hamper to her, from her back to hamper. "It's your gift," she told me, "from Jesus."

I made polite noise, declined the hamper and she left. But if Jesus had put better biscuits in the hamper, I might have been converted.

7 comments:

Steve said...

When you say biscuits, do you mean communion wafers?

Steve said...

I bet if there were biscuits in the hamper they'd be "nice".

KAZ said...

If Jesus were that good he wouldn't need to give free biscuits. Would he?

Dave McClelland said...

reminded me of this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8

Glenda Young said...

Steve: No, they were sub-standard wafers, without even chocolate on them!

Kaz: You're spot on. And the tin of sweetcorn was a tiny one too.

David: Wonderful, truly brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Not sure I'd ever decline biscuits whoever sent them.
Wonder if Jesus can send twiglets?

diane s said...

How funny/weird!

Someone came to my door the other week and said "Hi, I just wondered if you might be interested in our magazines?" I love magazines so I was like, "yay, magazines!"

And I looked and it was The Watchtower. Gah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...