Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Reality TV

So, we arrived home from work and found a letter from Channel 4. They're looking for a house in our street to use for filming a new kids' telly programme and want to know if we're interested. I said no, until I read the letter further. They're offering £400 a day, yes, £400 a day. But do I want a telly crew in our home and all the upheaval that'll go with it? And having to take time off work...? Probably not. But still, £400 a day, it's tempting, I can tell you.

4 comments:

Steve said...

I think go for it. £400 a day... that's a nice holiday or a good chunk of the monthly bills paid off. And you get to see your house on TV. Any idea which programme it is?

Nikki said...

My neighbour had an advert for William Hill filmed in their house last year. They arrived shortly after 7 AM and left just before 10 PM. 3 huge trucks, a catering van and about 30 people. I seem to remember she got paid £300 for it. She liked getting the money but hated the fact that she had to be out of the house for most of the time and had to clean it when they left, wash the floors etc. (she's got little ones) Oh! and even though they had brought a port-a-loo van some of them still used her toilet (no paper left when she got home!). She wouldn't do it again, just too much upheaval/stress she said.

If it was me... I'd be tempted!

Prudence said...

We've done it a couple of times. Make sure your contract includes a clause that covers their responsibility for cleaning and for replacing any breakages or things that are damaged or go missing. Film crews are not necessarily the very model of civilised behaviour.

Anonymous said...

Go for it! A couple of days of that and you and your chap could jump on a plane and visit foreign climes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...