Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back off, Boots

It's not the first time it's happened but today was worse than ever. And while I couldn't turn around and tell him where to go, I'm blogging about it instead. 

Popped into Boots today on Tottenham Court Road in London and as soon as I walked in the store the security guard started to follow me.  I walked over to the aisle where all I wanted to do was price a posh face wash before going to SuperDrug to see if it was cheaper there (it usually is). He followed me, he stood and he watched me as I checked out the price.

"Look!" I wanted to say to him, but obviously didn't. "I'm not a shoplifter, mate! I've never stolen anything in my life before, ever! Stop following me!" But I just kept quiet and walked out. 

Anyway SuperDrug were cheaper, just by 4p, but at least there was no officious stalker by the door.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I have a very keen sense of peripheral vision, and spot security people every time.

If they get TOO close, I confront them. I enjoy it, just to watch them squirm.

Worse still are the people who come up to you in B & Q to help the "little woman" as she picks her 15mm Pushfit plumbing fittings.

Fume!

Fran Hill said...

You must look suspicious. Next time, don't wear the stripey jumper and the swag back and the stocking over your head. Just a thought.

Glenda Young said...

I guess I'm in their demographic of what a shoplifter must look like - bit stressed, peri-menopausal, broke....

Old Cheeser said...

He was probably bowled over by your sheer beauty, Nora pet...hence he couldn't stop stalking you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...