Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, January 02, 2011

There are some things you can't cover up with lipstick and powder

A while ago I blogged The Second Worst Gig of My Life.  And in that blog post,  I said that the worst gig of my life was another blog post for another time. Now is that blog post. Now is that time. Well, you know, there's nothing on telly and I'm at a loose end.

So the worst gig of my life was going to see Dave Edmunds, whose music I've always loved.

And the reason for the award of worst gig of my life is simply this. He came on stage and sang each song as if he couldn't be bothered. He also sang them all way, way too fast, as if he not only wanted to get off stage as fast as he could but that he really didn't want to be there in the first place. Which perhaps, he didn't.

See also, the legend who is Nick Lowe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...