Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 30, 2012

Spinning plates

When you've got a creative, active brain like wot I got, it makes you kind of sad when that creativity isn't being fed.

It's been making me kind of sad.  So I forced myself to sit down and make a list of things I knew I could do to get more writing work, more freelance work, more interesting work, more creative work.

Once the list was made it sat in my handbag and I carried it around under my arm for two days. And then I forced myself to sit down and do something about the list instead of taking it for walks.

Then came the hard part and I steeled myself for rejection as I sent out emails and rang people up. And do you know what? That little list I made earlier this week has started paying dividends already. 

There are now interesting, creative and skill-developing plates spinning on my horizon and I don't know about you, but that always makes me smile.

1 comment:

Marginalia said...

Nice one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...