Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Fruit crumble cupcake or fairy cake recipe

My sister-in-law gave me a recipe for rhubarb crumble cupcakes a while ago and it's one that deserves sharing.  I know what you're thinking - those aren't rhubarb and there's no crumble.  Well, you're right.  The first few times I made the fairy cakes - I hate calling little cakes cupcakes just because it's considered fashionable - I did use rhubarb and I did do the crumble bit on top. And they are delicious.

Then I tried apple instead of rhubarb which was just as nice.  Then I tried raspberries and without the crumble and they, I think, were my favourites so far.  And today I made the cakes with strawberries and no crumble and the results are shown above. They certainly pass the taste test too. To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with this recipe because it's SO light and airy that anything you put in - fruit, chocolate, oats, nuts, whatever - can only end up being enjoyed because the consistency and taste of the cake mixture is so good.

The recipe, by popular request, is below.  Click on it to enlarge, feel free to share.


______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...