Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Courgette conundrum

This spring I was given a courgette plant. "Ooh," I thought. "I've never grown a courgette before. And I quite like them, so it'll be nice when it's grown and I can cook it and that."

I know.

In my defence, all I can say is I had no idea. I really did believe there would be just one courgette to a plant. And instead, there are hundreds of them, or at least it seems that way.  Over the last few weeks my one plant has produced enough courgettes for me to have eaten them baked, grilled, fried, raw in salad and cooked in soup. And they still keep coming.

Today I turned to Sir Nigel of Slater to see what he had to say.  This afternoon I've baked his Courgette and Lancashire cheese crumble (recipe here) and judging by the wonderful smells drifting in from the kitchen as it cooks, it's going to be good.  I think it's the one recipe that could put the Cor! into courgette.

Next year I'm growing carrots instead.

______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...