Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, March 28, 2015

The gardening spoon

This manky old spoon is an absolute marvel.  I found it buried in the soil one day while gardening in our London garden a few years ago - and I kept it.  It's incredibly useful for gardening. I don't mean digging, hoeing or doing anything heavy - that would just be daft. It's only a spoon.

Where it comes in very handy is for handling seedlings and transplanting them from seed trays to small pots, as I've been doing today.  The gentle scoop of the spoon ensures that seedlings are lifted without too much stress and then placed safely in their new pot.

It's less of a manky old spoon and more of a marvel. 
______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...