Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Badge of pride

All through my working life I resisted, as far as I possibly could, wearing a name badge or stringing a company pass round my neck.  I've sometimes had to tie a security pass to my waistband, but that's as far as I would allow myself to be labelled.

The paid office work I have done in the past is just something I have done. It was never, ever, what I was. 

But this... this is different. It's an honour to be doing the voluntary work I'm currently doing. And although I don't have to wear my volunteer badge while I'm doing what I'm doing, I wear it anyway, and with pride too.
_____
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...