Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Five things I learned this week on the beach

Since my first two minute beach clean (or to give it its proper hashtag twitter thing #2minutebeachclean) I've been doing more, and more, and more.

The joy of the noise when the plastic, glass and tins hit the inside of the recycling bin makes it all worthwhile. And I might, just might, be making a difference.

The top five items that are turning up time and time again in my walks on the beach are as follows:

1. Lighters.
2. Babies dummies. This distresses me greatly. Are there babies swimming around in the sea crying?
3. Rubber glove. Singular. Always blue. Always just one of.
4. Plastic balls. Chewed.  Usually yellow.
5. Small, short lengths of rounded blue plastic, approx 4" long like a hard straw without a hole.


Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...