Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Seagull City

Everything I know about writing flash fiction I have learned from one person, a lovely woman called Dr Sarah Dobbs. She's a lecturer in creative writing at Sunderland University and is a published writer. 

Sarah is launching a new writing project called Seagull City. The Seagull City project is part of events for the Sunderland City of Culture 2021 bid. It takes people on a journey, literally and metaphorically, exploring the literary and cultural heritage of Sunderland.

The launch takes place inside the Elephant Tea Rooms in Sunderland on Friday 4 November and all details are here.

And the reason I'm blogging this is because Sarah has asked to read out my flash fiction story, called The Seagull, at the event. It's a piece I wrote at Sarah's session on flash fiction, which was part of the Sunderland Literature and Creative Writing Festival 2016.

I couldn't be more chuffed.

Find out more about my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...