Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, November 11, 2017

'Do You Know The Muffin Man...' was really a woman?

Remember that kids' song... Do You Know The Muffin Man...

Well, my flabber has been well and truly gasted this week as it turns out that the song about the muffin man was written about a woman. And it's a true story too.

With thanks to Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums on Twitter this week, I learned that The Muffin Man was really a woman. She worked undercover, selling her wares in Newcastle, dressed as a man.

Here she is.

And there's even more about here too...


I don't know about you, but I'm itching to know more. I'll be researching more on this incredible story very soon.

Think you know The Muffin Man? Think again!


Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

3 comments:

Patsy said...

That's a great story!

Bea Charles said...

That is an incredible story, Glenda. Thank you for unearthing and sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Glenda can't wait to read more about her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...