Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Longlisted in The Sunderland Short Story Award


Last night I was feeling down in the dumps. Don't know why ... I haven't felt that like in a very long time. I suspect it had something to do with the seven mile walk I'd done that day after cycling twenty miles the day before. I was tired and out of sorts. I went to bed early, fell asleep immediately, woke up this morning feeling brighter - and then bam!

A smile appeared on my face like you've not seen before. Well, OK, maybe before.

I've been longlisted in the Sunderland Short Story Award. I can't say which story is mine, however, as it's all anonymised. But I'm on the list. Fingers crossed for the shortlist. But even if my story doesn't go higher than the longlist, I'm well chuffed to get this far.

My short story is one that was inspired by a visit to Killhope lead mining museum in County Durham. The visit was undertaken with the Roker Pier and Lighthouse heritage group I volunteer with. I was really taken by the atmosphere of the place, the history... and the tiny blue flowers that only grow on soil heavy with lead.

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...